Vegan Pumpkin Chili
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- One 15 1/2-ounce can chickpeas
- One 15 1/2-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1/4 Cup grated dark chocolate
- 1/2 Teaspoon allspice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
- One 12-ounce bottle pumpkin ale or Oktoberfest beer
- Salt, to taste
- Non-dairy sour cream, for garnish
'Tis the season for pumpkin everything. This recipe puts a twist on regular chili with puréed pumpkin and a little dark chocolate.
See all chili recipes.
In a large pot, combine the peppers and onion and place over medium heat. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, chickpeas, and pumpkin purée. Stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate and spices. Slowly pour in the beer and stir to mix in. Season with salt, to taste, reduce the heat, and cover. Simmer for about 1 hour. Garnish with a dollop of non-dairy sour cream.
Calories per serving:256 calories
Dietary restrictions:High Fiber
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.