Vegan Lemon-Cranberry Cornbread Recipe
Daily Value: 10%
|Folic Acid (B9)||44µg||11%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||2g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 4 tablespoons non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening, melted and slightly cooled, plus more for the baking dish
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- One 6-ounce container vanilla soy yogurt
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 cup seltzer water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Zest of 1 small lemon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly grease an 8-by-8-inch square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the almond milk and flaxseed meal. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a small bowl, whisk together the melted shortening, almond milk-flaxseed mixture, yogurt, and agave nectar. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Add the seltzer water, dried cranberries, and lemon zest and mix until well incorporated. Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 50-55 minutes.
Total time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Special Designations: Vegan, Vegetarian
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).