Enlarge Image +
Credit: @ Michelle Kiefer
Michelle Kiefer is a contributing writer for The Daily Meal.
- Likes: Seasonal produce, home cooking, a fresh baked pie, any new food experience
- Dislikes: Most fast food, bad coffee, cheap sliced bread, Brazil nuts, weak hot sauce
- All Time Favorite Restaurants: Buttermilk Channel, Egg, The General Greene, Blue Hill, La Bague de Kenza
- Foods I cannot live without: Winter squash, dairy in any form, raw oysters, pork, pastry
- Best Meal Ever: Tacos at a random taquería in Todos Santos
Hostel food gets a bad rap, and most of the time, that reputation isn’t unfounded. If a hostel serves any food at all, the best most backpackers can expect to find is some cheap white bread and bad coffee. For many travelers, this lack of decent...
For most of us, a vending machine is a quick and convenient dispenser of chips, candy, and soda, a welcome source of familiar packaged snacks or beverages in schools, offices, and waiting rooms. Think again! These days, vending machines worldwide are...
Taking a red-eye flight definitely has its advantages: flying overnight means that you don’t lose a day traveling, which means more time to see everything your destination has to offer (or that you can extend your trip to the last moment). But...
No recipes posted by this user.