Enlarge Image +
Credit: @ Geri Salmon
The Daily Meal Staffer
- Likes: perfect bites, warm-weathered happy hours, unpretentious eating experiences, long and thorough supermarket sweeps, Two Fat Ladies
- Dislikes: underseasoned food, eater’s remorse, food wasted, lurking waitstaff
- All Time Favorite Restaurants: Pig Heaven, NYC (where I found ribs) Cercle Rouge, NYC (where I found mussels) Club Eros, Buenos Aires (where I found fried eggs/dulce de leche on steak) Amarilla Parilla, Buenos Aires (where I found myself)
- Foods I cannot live without: Soup, dumplings, soup dumplings, pizza, sriracha, empanadas, creations made from what's in the fridge, Screech's Sauce
- Best Meal Ever: Steak and wine at Clos de los Siete Vineyard in Mendoza. Panaramic views of the Andes mountains, a beautiful buzz on a beautiful day, the best tomatoes, empanadas, steak, and Malbec. Thank you Marcelo.
Who dat say New Orleans is the only place with Mardi Gras? Carnival season is an international spectacle that reaches far beyond the Mississippi. The UK turns out stacks of pancakes on Pancake Day (their Mardi Gras equivalent) that could rival a...
Every month The Daily Meal will reveal how difficult it is to reserve a primetime table at a city's most booked restaurants. This month's Toughest Tables hones in on Las Vegas. We teamed up with Opentable.com's Chief Dining Officer, Caroline...
Every month The Daily Meal will reveal how difficult it is to reserve a primetime table at a city's most booked restaurants. This month's Toughest Tables hones in on Miami. We teamed up with Opentable.com's Chief Dining Officer, Caroline...
When you're in the mood for something salty, crunchy, and quick, these rice cakes fit the bill. You may not have considered preserved vegetables or rice cakes to be cabinet staples, but once you try this sizzling miso snack, milk and eggs might become...
I have a soft spot in my heart for Choripán. I had my first and 50th in its birthplace: Argentina. On the streets of Bariloche whether at an asado in Córdoba or at the local parillas in Buenos Aires, the chorizo and bread were always...
This curry chicken recipe is easy to put together and takes about an hour between prep and cook time. The flavors are really dynamic, and after it sits overnight, the leftovers are even better.