Enlarge Image +
Credit: @ Allison Beck
Student, trained chef, and wine enthusiast who seeks peaks and the sea.
- Likes: Steak, spicy food, skiing, trying new restaurants, shopping in the farmers market, wine, long bike rides from meal to meal destinations.
- Dislikes: Shrimp, fennel, offal. People chewing with their mouth open. Anise and licorice flavors.
- All Time Favorite Restaurants: L'Atelier du Joel Robuchon in Paris; Rebeccas and Thomas Henkelmann in Greenwich, CT; Pasta Nostra in SoNo, CT; Home in NYC; Le Tamarin in St. Barths; Pago in SLC.
- Foods I cannot live without: Bananas, salted roasted almonds, chocolate
- Best Meal Ever: Cappellaci con zucca at Pasta Nostra. Chocolate flourless cake at Timberline. Short ribs at Home in NYC.
The image of a wedding cake is usually a towering creation covered in white curlicues of buttercream frosting, sugared flowers, and perhaps even white fondant spray-painted blue, a nod to the ocean for that seaside summer wedding. Not a cake topped with...
You're new to a city and don't know anyone, but forget heading to the bar to bond with sports fans while catching the game — sports teams aren't your style. You'd rather get lost in conversation over a bowl of ramen or while making...
While hosting a dinner party might seem as easy as inviting a group of people you enjoy spending time with, putting a delicious meal on the table, and stocking the bar completely (which is sure to guarantee a good time for some...), a great party is more...
I love dark winter greens, kale in particular. It's fabulous in hearty vegetarian stews, sautéed, or used in risotto. My favorite preparation, however, is in a salad. Tossed with a good dressing, it never wilts — in fact, I almost like it...
Forget the messy barbecue sauce, or hot and spicy Buffalo marinade. My go-to glaze when broiling chicken wings (or thighs, breasts, drumsticks...) is inspired by the cuisines of the Far West. Garlic for a kick, fresh ginger for a sweet note with tang,...
This is my go-to, I'm-too-tired-tired-to-cook-something-hearty favorite. There is something about the rich, buttery flavor of the salmon that melds beautifully with the sweet maple syrup and crisp and salty bacon. And aside from a stop at your local...