- 2 Pounds ground beef
- 1/2 Teaspoon smoked chipotle powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 s bell peppers, mixed colors, diced
- 1/2 Cup tomato purée
- 1/4 Cup hot sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- 4 Cups mixed blend of shredded cheese such as smoked Gouda, aged Cheddar, and Monterey Jack cheese
- Guacamole, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Salsa, for garnish
- Green onions, diced
- Jalapeños, seeded and diced
Go all out with your nachos this year and serve this ultimate version. You’ll find the ground beef mixture is good enough to use in your favorite chili, but you won’t be able to resist it spread on a crunchy chip and topped with oozing cheese, either.
In a skillet, cook ground beef until nicely browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you go. Drain the beef of its fat and return the pan to the stove. Add the chipotle, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and salt and pepper to taste. Then add the onion and bell peppers. Sauté until onion caramelizes, about 5 minutes, then stir in the tomato purée, hot sauce, and cilantro. Heat through and set aside.
Place 9 chips on an oven-safe platter. Top each chip with 1 teaspoon of the ground beef mix and cheese and bake until cheese is melted. Repeat with another layer or just top, in order, with guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, jalapeño and, green onions.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts