Turner Field 'Dixie Dog'
- 4 Cups cooking oil
- 4 s hot dogs, preferably Ballpark Franks
- 4 s hot dog buns
- 1/4 Cup mustard barbecue sauce
- 1/4 Cup coleslaw
- 1 1/2 Cup smoked, pulled pork
- 1 Cup potato chips, preferably Lay's Kettle Chips
- 16 s slices garlic pickles
Along with rooting on their home team, the Braves, Georgians head to Turner Field for their signature "Dixie Dog."
Heat oil in a large saucepan to 350 degrees. Fry the hot dogs until the internal temperature reads 145 degrees, about 3-4 minutes. Place the hot dogs in the buns. Top each hot dog with 3 ounces of pulled pork, and then drizzle each with the mustard barbecue sauce. Finish the hot dogs by spooning about ½ ounce of the coleslaw onto each hot dog, garnish with pickles and potato chips, and serve.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts