Travel Photo of the Day: Cannoli
Recipe of the day
- Disney's Best Restaurants Around the World
- The South's 10 Most Iconic Foods and Where to Eat Them
- The Best Small Production Vineyards in Paso Robles, California: Il Cortile
- Crystal Cruise's Worldwide Voyages Dedicated to Authentic Dining Experiences
- Culinary and Golf Extravaganza Coming to Prestigious Riviera Nayarit
One of the most popular Italian desserts, as well as one of the most familiar to American diners, is cannoli. The cylindrical treat is eaten year-round in its native country, but is especially important as a holiday confection.
A traditional cannoli filling is a creamy combination of several readily available ingredients: ricotta, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon oil, and powdered sugar. Given their simplicity, cannoli are easily customized with different garnishes or sauces. Chocolate chips are classic, but cannoli can also be dipped or filled with chocolate, for example.
Ranging from mini to large, cannoli come in a variety of sizes — the choice is yours!
Craving cannoli? Check out our recipe for Sicilian cannoli!
Do you have a travel photo that you would like to share? Send it on over to lwilson[at]thedailymeal.com.
Follow The Daily Meal’s Travel editor Lauren Wilson on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts