British Tourists Ask Their Embassies for Help with the Weirdest Things
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
When Britain's Foreign Secretary William Hague announced the U.K.'s plans to help diplomat response in foreign countries on Wednesday, he also spilled a couple interesting tidbits about what crazy calls the U.K. foreign embassies get.
Not only do travelling Brits call them for help with ants in a Florida rental home, but they even call for Christmas lunch recommendations in Spain, help with erecting a chicken coop in Greece, and directions after satellite navigation systems fail, the AP reports.
"Our commitment to good relations with our neighbors does not, I am afraid, extend to translating 'I love you' into Hungarian, as we were asked to do by one love-struck British tourist," Hague said.
Sigh. It seems true love is just another "ludicrous request" for the British government.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts