British Tourists Ask Their Embassies for Help with the Weirdest Things
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
When Britain's Foreign Secretary William Hague announced the U.K.'s plans to help diplomat response in foreign countries on Wednesday, he also spilled a couple interesting tidbits about what crazy calls the U.K. foreign embassies get.
Not only do travelling Brits call them for help with ants in a Florida rental home, but they even call for Christmas lunch recommendations in Spain, help with erecting a chicken coop in Greece, and directions after satellite navigation systems fail, the AP reports.
"Our commitment to good relations with our neighbors does not, I am afraid, extend to translating 'I love you' into Hungarian, as we were asked to do by one love-struck British tourist," Hague said.
Sigh. It seems true love is just another "ludicrous request" for the British government.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts