Top Events at the Southern Westchester Food & Wine Festival
Recipe of the day
- NYC Wine & Food Fest Returns with Midnight Jazz Breakfast, the Art of Sushi, and More
- The Winners of the 2015 Memphis in May World BBQ Cooking Contest
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
The annual Southern Westchester Food & Wine festival will be taking place in Scarsdale Village in Westchester County, N.Y., on Sunday, Sept. 22. This annual event aims to showcase some of the best food and wine from the Southern Westchester region, with additional food samples from top restaurants in Connecticut and New York. The one-day event is packed with activities, enticing food and drink samples, and opportunities to get up close to a renowned chef in action. Here are some of the main events that you don’t want to miss:
2. Buy the $20 wine and beer tasting ticket for access to hundreds of wines from all over the world, provided by Zachys, as well as samples of micro-brewed beers presented by Captain Lawrence Brewing Company.
3. Get the inside scoop on the life of a wine producer: Zachys is hosting world-renowned Brunello di Montalcino producer, Fanti, for a Brunello di Montalcino seminar. The seminar is from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. and tickets go for $50.
4. Get up close and personal with the celebrated New York chef David Burke at his cooking demonstration at the "Celebrity Chef Demo Tent” at 1.30 p.m. One hour later David Burke will also be signing books for eager fans.
6. Rich Baumer, leading member of the SoWe Festival committee, also revealed that there will be a VIP champagne tasting, "with exclusive tasting opportunity of high-end champagne."
For more information about the SoWe festival, read our aticle "Southern Westchertsr Food & Wine Festival Kicks of Semptember 22," and for details on the schedule, pricing, as well as updates on events, check the SoWe website.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts