- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
'Top Chef' Getting Supersized
Recipe of the day
- Michael Fassbender to Star in Marco Pierre White Movie
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
Just in case you haven't had enough of Top Chef, Bravo has decided that the world really needs two extended episodes of the culinary competition. We don't mind, really, because 15 more minutes of food porn is always good in our book.
The first 75-minute episode debuts next Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, for part two of the Restaurant Wars challenge, where contestants have to build their restaurants from the ground up in 48 hours. Danny Meyer, of course, joins the judges table for this episode.
Top Chef goes back to an hourlong episode on Jan. 23, with guest judges David Chang, Michelle Bernstein, Jon Shook, and Vinny Dotolo, and then amps up another 75-minute episode Jan. 30. This time, contestants set sail on a cruise from Seattle to Alaska, learning about cruise ship kitchens and operations. The guest judge is Curtis Stone, although we imagine Nobu Matsuhisa might have been a good choice.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts