Top 8 2010 Burgundies
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
2010 burgundies are hitting the shelves, or in some cases due to the marriage of limited quantities and high ratings, are slipping through the retail channels without ever having seen a shelf. Yes, this is the perfect storm: a great vintage, lower than average yields, and a newly found appreciation of burgundy in emerging markets, making value in burgundy more relative than ever.
Still, this is a smashingly good vintage, and there are wines that punch way above their pay grade even today, though I expect these real values will be going the way of the dodo before long. Burgundy has never been cheap of course, but you can still find exceptional, age-worthy examples for less than $40 a bottle, making them top values in my book. Here are eight examples from a recent blind tasting. Does paying more always make sense? I don’t think so.
These wines were tasted in two flights of four with the scoring reflecting our results for each flight.
— Gregory Del Piaz, Snooth
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts