Top 10 Places for Haggis in the U.K.
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- D.O.M.: A Must-Have Restaurant Experience in Brazil
- Cancún, Las Vegas, and NYC: Top 3 Destinations for American Travelers in 2015
- Huntington Beach, Calif.: America’s Most Wallet-Friendly Food City
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean 2013
One of the best parts of traveling is sampling the local food and drink. What better way to get to know a culture and new destination than through their food? From new and foreign smells and tastes to the stories and traditions behind the dishes themselves, local cuisine tells a story in and of itself.
We’ve teamed up with Triposo, a travel app that lists locations around the world based on the number of positive mentions across social review sites. With their data, we were able to create a list of the top-reviewed locations for the best haggis in the world.
Haggis, you say? Considered the national dish of Scotland thanks to poet Robert Burns’ poem "Address to a Haggis," haggis’ popularity has reached around the world. With creative spins on this classic dish, you’ll be surprised at how haggis has been interpreted. A trip to Scotland wouldn’t be complete without trying this dish, or at least a variation of this dish, at least once. Whether you are a traditionalist and eat yours with "neeps and tatties" (mashed turnips and potatoes) and a glass of Scotch whisky or prefer the delicacy deep-fried or fused into a spring roll, for a true taste of Scotland, try haggis at one of these top restaurants.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts