- Chez Panisse opens (1971)
Top 10 Places for Haggis in the U.K.
Recipe of the day
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
- Michaela's Map: Transformative Travel in Panama
- Taking the Ultimate American Road Trip? Here's Where You Have to Eat
One of the best parts of traveling is sampling the local food and drink. What better way to get to know a culture and new destination than through their food? From new and foreign smells and tastes to the stories and traditions behind the dishes themselves, local cuisine tells a story in and of itself.
We’ve teamed up with Triposo, a travel app that lists locations around the world based on the number of positive mentions across social review sites. With their data, we were able to create a list of the top-reviewed locations for the best haggis in the world.
Haggis, you say? Considered the national dish of Scotland thanks to poet Robert Burns’ poem "Address to a Haggis," haggis’ popularity has reached around the world. With creative spins on this classic dish, you’ll be surprised at how haggis has been interpreted. A trip to Scotland wouldn’t be complete without trying this dish, or at least a variation of this dish, at least once. Whether you are a traditionalist and eat yours with "neeps and tatties" (mashed turnips and potatoes) and a glass of Scotch whisky or prefer the delicacy deep-fried or fused into a spring roll, for a true taste of Scotland, try haggis at one of these top restaurants.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts