- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Blogger Spotlight: A Mind ‘Full’ Mom
- Majority of People Choose Common Sense Over Sell-By Dates, UK Study Shows
- Senior Citizens May Soon Be Able to Use Food Stamps for Grocery Delivery
- Residents in Los Altos, California, Told to Boil Water After Discovery of E. Coli
- Michigan Stocks Waterways with 20 Million Fish to Boost Local Economy by Up to $4 Billion
By Carly DeFilippo
Monday marked the celebration of the 21st annual Dessert Professional magazine "Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America" awards. From a reigning M.O.F. pâtissier (Meilleur Ouvrier de France–one of the most prestigious awards in the pastry realm) to the first female Executive Pastry Chef to grace the kitchens of Restaurant Daniel, the 2014 award winners represented an incredible range of technical skill and artistry.
Each year, ICE's own culinary and pastry students have the opportunity to work alongside these nationally recognized chefs—an incredible honor and learning experience. From eclairs and layered cakes to earthy free-form plates, the wide range of desserts represented the promising future of pastry in America.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts