- Fried Chicken Day
Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 9 Things You Need to Know about Kombucha, Kimchi, and Other Probiotic Foods
- Everything You’re Doing to Ruin Your Metabolism, and What You Should Be Doing Instead
- Graphic Footage of Inhumane Slaughter Practices at Foster Farms Leads to Suspension of 5 Employees
- United States to Begin Importing Eggs From the Netherlands to Deal with Bird Flu-Related Shortage
- Chimpanzees Possess the Ability to Cook, and Can Appreciate a Good Sweet Potato
By Carly DeFilippo
Monday marked the celebration of the 21st annual Dessert Professional magazine "Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America" awards. From a reigning M.O.F. pâtissier (Meilleur Ouvrier de France–one of the most prestigious awards in the pastry realm) to the first female Executive Pastry Chef to grace the kitchens of Restaurant Daniel, the 2014 award winners represented an incredible range of technical skill and artistry.
Each year, ICE's own culinary and pastry students have the opportunity to work alongside these nationally recognized chefs—an incredible honor and learning experience. From eclairs and layered cakes to earthy free-form plates, the wide range of desserts represented the promising future of pastry in America.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts