- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Third Annual Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
August 22nd will mark the beginning of the third annual Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival, according to a press release.
Taking place in downtown Los Angeles, the event will last four days and three nights and will feature a series of food and wine tastings. 1st and 2nd Streets of Grand Avenue will close to allow for live demonstrations from Jenn-Air Master Class Series along with wine tastings, book signings, mixology seminars, and live musical performances.
Over 100 celebrity chefs will participate in the event, including Giada De Laurentiis, Curtis Stone, and Tyler Florence.
Los Angeles Mayor Antonia Villaraigosa said that “the size, scope, and quality of the festival only add to the momentum Los Angeles has experienced as a place where culinary enthusiasts from around the world should visit frequently.”
Each day will have a different specialty event, such as Festa Italiana and the Lexus Grand Tasting which will each allow for participants to interact with the chefs while experiencing aspects of Los Angeles culinary culture.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts