- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Terroir Raises a Glass for Annual Summer of Riesling
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
The fifth annual Summer of Riesling, a season-long, nationwide celebration of riesling, begins June 20 with riesling tastings, dinners, and themed events.
Summer of Riesling was founded by 2012 James Beard Award-winning sommelier Paul Grieco in celebration of his most beloved grape. Summer of Riesling has evolved from an in-house celebration at the 24-seat Terroir in New York's East Village to a large-scale movement that encompasses 400 restaurants, wine bars, and retailers across the U.S.
Each participating venue has committed to pour three rieslings by the glass for all 94 days of summer. For July, two of those rieslings must be from Germany, a nod to the birthplace of the majority of the world’s riesling.
Other riesling events include 31 Days of German Riesling Concert aboard The Jewel that will set sail around New York Harbor July 24, a Summer of Riesling dunk tank at San Francisco’s Outside Lands Festival August 10 to 12, and 21 riesling dinners at restaurants across the U.S.
Terroir provides each participating wine bar and restaurant with Summer of Riesling care packages that contain T-shirts designed by Steven Solomon, wine list inserts with fun riesling facts, and buckets of riesling flair (tattoos, buttons, stickers, and more).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts