Teenager Has Ramen Addiction
Recipe of the day
- Triscuit Flavors: How Many Are There?
- Parents Required to Sign Permission Slips for Kids to Eat Oreos
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
Oh great, another teenager with terrible eating habits: New York Daily News brings us this scary story of an 18-year-old who has been eating ramen noodles for 13 years, and who won't eat anything else.
Now, we love ramen as much as the next person, but Georgi Readman isn't talking steamy, Ippudo-style bowls of goodness. She's talking dried packets of carbs from our college days. "Readman estimates she eats 30 miles of noodles every year, and said even the thought of other foods makes her sick," the Daily News writes.
Her mother reportedly just buys as many packets of ramen as possible, which Readman will eat cooked or dried, eating two packets at once. And while Readman isn't overweight (she weighs 98 pounds at 5'3"), she does reportedly have the health of an 80-year-old. Lovely.
But of course, we will confess that some of us on staff will settle down with a bowl of Top Ramen every now and then. Because yes, it does taste like college, but also, yes, it's dirt cheap. Just put an egg in it.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts