A Tasty Way to Help Hurricane Relief
Today on The Daily Meal
- Shame on Sandy: The Stars Come Out for Hurricane Relief
- New York Chefs Team Up with Stouffer's for Hurricane Sandy Relief
- 5 Ways to Help Restaurants 6 Months After Hurricane Sandy
- Village Voice's 7th Annual Choice Eats is a Tasty Success
- National Dine Out Day to Help New Jersey’s Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
This year’s Let Us Eat Local tasting event on Sept. 21 rounds up around 40 New York restaurants and breweries to showcase the best of local food.
ABC Kitchen will dish up shaved fluke with pickled plums while BLT Bar & Grill is preparing short ribs with pickled peppers and celery root purée. For the homey palate, Danny Meyer’s Untitled will bring fried baloney sandwiches and potato salad, and Brooklyn favorite Blue Marble Ice Cream will hand out scoops for a proper dessert.
Tickets are $175 for general admission, $300 VIP, and a portion of the proceeds benefits hurricane relief efforts for more than 15 local farms. Visit nycharities.org to purchase tickets.
September 21 at the Altman Building, 135 W. 18th Street, New York, NY 10011; General Admission 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts