A Tasty Way to Help Hurricane Relief
Recipe of the day
- Step Out of Your Comfort Zone and into New York’s Adalya for Brunch
- The Memphis Taproom Beer Garden Serves the Best Hot Dog in Philadelphia
- Pommes Frites and Sushi Park Destroyed After Massive East Village Explosion and Building Collapse
- Lafayette Coney Island Serves the Best Hot Dog in Detroit
- James Coney Island Serves the Best Hot Dog in Houston
This year’s Let Us Eat Local tasting event on Sept. 21 rounds up around 40 New York restaurants and breweries to showcase the best of local food.
ABC Kitchen will dish up shaved fluke with pickled plums while BLT Bar & Grill is preparing short ribs with pickled peppers and celery root purée. For the homey palate, Danny Meyer’s Untitled will bring fried baloney sandwiches and potato salad, and Brooklyn favorite Blue Marble Ice Cream will hand out scoops for a proper dessert.
Tickets are $175 for general admission, $300 VIP, and a portion of the proceeds benefits hurricane relief efforts for more than 15 local farms. Visit nycharities.org to purchase tickets.
September 21 at the Altman Building, 135 W. 18th Street, New York, NY 10011; General Admission 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts