Taste Test: Whole Foods’ 365 Fig Bars
Recipe of the day
- Kit Kat Bars Temporarily Change Into YouTube Break Bars in the UK
- Ben & Jerry’s Releases New Ice Cream That Could Help Save the Planet
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Hot Pockets
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
If you’re not a huge fan of Fig Newtons, you’re probably not going to enjoy 365’s Fig Bars very much. But you probably won’t be purchasing them unless you’re a fan of Fig Netwons, so we’ll assume that you like them and go from there.
These cookies (Newtons?) are noticeably different from the standard Nabisco treat, which is obvious by just looking at them. They have the brownish, "whole wheat"- looking shell, and a slightly more dense, crumbly, and chewy texture. They also have a better, fresher fig taste, according to our panel, and aren’t overly sweet.
Fans of Fig Newtons actually preferred this over its more mass-produced cousin, mostly because of the fact that it has such a fresher flavor and texture. It has a good chew as well. However, it’s not without its downsides. One taster thought that the outer shell tasted like cardboard, and that it was too dry. He wasn’t a fan of Fig Newtons anyway, though.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts