Taste Test: Trader Joe's Chocolate Covered Pretzel Slims
Recipe of the day
- You Can Now Buy a Ben & Jerry’s Burrito and All Is Right with the World
- Endangered Species Fair Trade, Vegan Chocolate Releases Chocolate Spreads
- Kind Bars Don’t Deserve ‘Healthy’ Label, FDA Says
- The New Jelly Belly Jelly Bean Flavor Makes Us Crave Breakfast
- You Can Now Get Auntie Anne’s Pretzels in Your Grocery Store
If you like chocolate-covered pretzels, listen up: the ones sold by Trader Joe’s are dynamite. To make them, they take pretzel crisps and cover them in a lavish coat of dark (but not too dark) chocolate. They’re crispy, crunchy, chocolaty, and pretty darn satisfying.
Our taste testers were torn on two issues: there was either too much chocolate, or there wasn’t enough salt. There’s a hefty coat of chocolate on these, which throws off the pretzel-to-chocolate ratio a bit because the pretzels are so thin, but that’s not much to complain about. A couple tasters also felt that there should have been more salt, because the sweet and salty aspect that chocolate covered pretzels are renowned for doesn’t come through as strongly as it should.
But in the end, all our tasters agreed that these were quite tasty as long as you’re a fan of dark chocolate, and one even had the evil idea to mix these into ice cream.
These chocolate covered pretzels come in a six-ounce bag, with a serving size of seven pieces. Each serving contains eight grams of fat, 190 calories, 28 grams of carbohydrates, and 13 grams of sugar.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts