Tangy Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
Daily Value: 16%
|Folic Acid (B9)||33µg||8%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||5g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Louisiana-style hot sauce gives the sandwiches a surprising kick, but feel free to substitute a sauce that is more fitting to your palate.
- ¾ cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ½ teaspoons cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced chives
- ¾ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cooked bacon strips
- 2 slices Colby cheese (¾ ounce each)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion
In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the first five ingredients to a boil; boil, uncovered, for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes; set aside ¼ cup for basting. Flatten chicken to ½-inch thickness. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, buttermilk, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, chives, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and pepper. Spread over roll bottoms; top with the chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Replace roll tops.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).