- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Tahiti: First Stop on Playbill's "Broadway on the High Seas" Cruise
Recipe of the day
- $100 and the Essay of a Lifetime Will Get You the Deed to This Restaurant and Bar
- Waitress Takes Care of Cancer Patient’s Bill at a New Jersey Pizza Shop
- The Newly Reopened Dirt Candy Will Now Serve a Vegetable Lovers Brunch
- America’s Best Chinese Restaurants Part 4: Yank Sing
- America’s Best Chinese Restaurants, Part 3: Peter Chang’s China Café
Ia orana! I wasn't expecting much at Papeete on Tahiti from what I'd read, but the InterContinental Hotel surprised me with its beautiful lagoonarium (you can see the fish looking down from the bridge), its authentic dance story about the life of Paul Gauguin (mostly in French -- je l'aimais beaucoup!), grandiose buffets (especially love the poisson cru -- raw tuna cooked with coconut milk), and overwater bungalows.
Opening night festivities for the cruise were on the resort's private motu where we were treated to "adaptive" versions of tunes by Brian Stokes Mitchell and Liz Callaway. Other stars I've met so far: Tommy Tune, Lewis Black, Alice Ripley, Christine Pedi, Howard McGillin, Roger Bart.
The daytime marche (with its rows of vanilla, fruit, ukeles, and pearls) was a local scene. Incredibly humid and hot, but so inviting.
Marche de Papeete
Ukele display at the Market in Papeete
We sail at midnight on the Paul Gauguin to Huahine. Nana!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts