A Tacoma, Washington, Man Eats a Steel Bristle
The man needed emergency surgery after swallowing a bristle from a grill brush
Steel brushes are tools, not food.
Adam Wojtanowicz, of Tacoma, Wash., went to the hospital Sunday after experiencing unrelenting abdominal pain. The doctors found a steel bristle from a grill brush. The doctors performed emergency surgery, and Wojtanowicz is expected to make a full recovery, according to U.S. News.
Woktanowicz recently hosted a cookout at his house, and he believes a bristle landed on his steak, and he swallowed the bristle without realizing it.
Though no particular brand is to blame, the Centers for Disease Control said there are at least six recent cases of the same injuries from brush bristles.
Although this barbecue was luckily not a deadly one, other dinner parties have been. Check out TDM’s slideshow of Deadly Dinner Parties.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).