- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Taco Bell Launching New Dollar Menu
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Hydrox Cookies, the ‘Original Oreos,’ Seek Donald Trump’s Approval
- 90,000 Pounds of Johnsonville Sausage Products Recalled
- WATCH: This Pastor’s Hilarious Musical Ode to the Return of Blue Bell Ice Cream
- In a Soup Bowl (Not) Far, Far Away: ‘Star Wars’ Campbell’s Soups Are Here!
- Mindy Kaling’s ‘Spicy and Cheesy’ Umami Burger Is Officially Here
Fast-food chain Taco Bell is currently testing out a new "Cravings" dollar menu in two test markets, Knoxville, Tenn., and Fresno, Calif., according to Brand Eating. The new menu, which will feature products in five categories (Beefy, Cheesy, Spicy, Crunchy, Sweet), is actually often more expensive than the soon-to-be-abandoned "Why Pay More," menu, which featured items for as low as $0.89.
In the "Beefy" category, $1 will get you a Beefy Cheesy Burrito, and the "Cheesy" category offers a Cheesy Roll-Up or a Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito. Under the "Spicy" category is a Spicy Mini Chicken Quesadilla and a Spicy Cheesy Roll-Up (both new to the menu), nachos and a tostada are under "Crunchy," and "Sweet" gives you the option between a caramel apple empanada and cinnamon twists. "Craving Combos" include a drink and Doritos, and sell for $2.49.
Along with the wildly popular Tacos Doritos Locos and the new Cantina Bell bowls and burritos, the chain has been doing some revamping in the past year. This move puts it in a similar league to McDonald’s and Wendy’s, which both offer similarly priced value menus. If this proves popular, a national rollout will most likely not be far behind.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts