Taco Bell Confirms Cool Ranch Doritos Tacos, Testing New 'Flamas' Flavor
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Yes, Starbucks Does Impact the Real Estate Market, and Here’s Why
- Embattled McDonald’s CEO Don Thompson Steps Down after Difficult Year
- Christina Tosi is Opening a Milk Bar Pop-Up in Madison Square Park
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
The premise seemed so simple: take a Dorito, expand it into a taco shell format, hand it over to Taco Bell and let them fill it with their unique brand of beefy goodness, and put it up for sale. The Doritos Locos Taco debuted March 8, 2012, and within 10 weeks it had become Taco Bell's best-selling new release ever, with 100 million units of the product sold.
But the hungry masses weren’t satisfied, and began clamoring for more. The taco’s astonishing success got the wheels turning in the heads of Taco Bell brass, and the next product presented itself: the Cool Ranch Doritos taco. It’s been rumored to have been in the planning stages for quite some time now, but now we just might have gotten the first official confirmation that it’s on its way: CEO Greg Creed appeared on CBS This Morning on Tuesday and confirmed that, in fact, the product will be released to the general public soon, even though he didn’t provide a date.
But that’s not even all: one Ohio newspaper has noticed that locations in Toledo have a new item on their menu: Flamas. It’s a chile-lime flavored Dorito, and is a bit spicier than its nacho cheesy cousin.
2013 is looking like a very good year for flavored taco shells!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts