- Chez Panisse opens (1971)
Swiss Chard Tzatziki
- 1 Cup Swiss chard, blanched, stemmed, and chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 Ounces strained Greek yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Warm pita rounds or crackers, for serving
I've been on a Greek yogurt kick lately. I love traditional tzatziki with cucumber but wanted to try something a little different. The Swiss chard delivers a slightly different texture (almost like spinach dip) and some added health benefits.
In a bowl, muddle the first 6 ingredients together into a paste. Stir in the Greek yogurt and salt, and season with pepper, to taste. Serve with warm pita rounds or crackers.