- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Swiss Chard Puffs
- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 Pound Swiss chard, chopped
- 1/4 Cup halved or roughly chopped unsalted cashews
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Everyone knows Swiss chard is good for them, but sometimes it's a struggle to get the tough, dark green to taste good. This recipe does it right with a little puff pastry.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
On a floured cutting board, lay out the puff pastry and cut into 2 ½- to 3-inch squares and lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
In a frying pan, sauté the Swiss chard in a little olive oil. After about 2 minutes, add in the cashews. Season with salt and pepper to taste. When the chard is soft, dollop a spoonful of chard mix onto the center of each puff pastry square.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the puff pastry "puffs" and turns golden. Serve warm.