Sushi Chef Convicted of Murder and More News
Recipe of the day
- Restaurateurs React to Indiana's Controversial RFRA
- This Guy Lost 50 Pounds Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail — And Took a Selfie Every Day to Prove It
- Fatty Food Consumption Could Increase Mental Illness Risk, Research Says
- Cajun vs. Creole: What's the Difference?
- Third Death in Colorado Linked to Marijuana Edibles Overdose
The Daily Meal's Media Mix brings you the biggest news around the food world.
Sushi Chef Convicted of Murder: Julian Kurita was found guilty of decapitating his father with a fish knife, and faces life in prison at his upcoming sentencing. [New York Daily News]
Lettuce Recalled Around the Country: A California lettuce-grower has expanded recalls amid concerns of listeria contamination. [MSNBC]
New Charges Against Restaurant Attackers: After the weekend's violent riots in a suburban Chicago retaurant, new video evidence has led to charges for five people involved. [Chicago Tribune]
New Infographic Predicts End of Fish: New reports show the most intensively fished areas of the world — and how human consumption of fish is slowly deteriorating the fish populations. [Washington Post]
4-Year-Olds Served Alcohol at Frenchy's: The Florida children were given alcoholic daiquiris instead of the virigin, frozen ones their mother ordered, said authorities. [UPI.com]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts