Stuffed Mac and Cheese Nacho Dumplings
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 package egg roll or wonton wrappers
- 1 bag Cool Ranch Doritos, finely ground in a food processor
- 2 Cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup serving mac and cheese*
- 1 Cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 Cup chili**
- 1 Cup cooked rice
- One 15-ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 Cup guacamole, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 Cup jalapeños, preferably pickled
- 1/2 Cup Sriracha sauce
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Grilled Hot Wings 3 Ways
- Spicy Mac and Cheese
- Chili Frito Pie
- International Sliders
- Pumpkin Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing
- Spiced Cranberry Coffee Cake
- Cranberry Sweet Chili Wings with Creamy Feta Sauce
- Spiced Halloumi Salad with Cranberry Dressing
- Monkey Bread with Cranberry Orange Sauce
Nothing beats a crunchy tortilla chip topped with melted cheese and all of the other accoutrements of nachos — except for when the "nachos" are actually wonton wrappers, and they're filled with mac and cheese. Did we mention there are Doritos in this recipe?
Fill a large skillet with about 2 inches of canola oil and heat to 350 degrees.
Lay an egg roll or wonton wrapper out on a work surface and fill with desired fillings such as the mac and cheese, bacon, chili, red beans, rice, guacamole, and jalapeños. Brush the edges of each wrapper with a little bit of water and then roll or fold over to seal. If you're using an egg roll wrapper, roll it like a burrito by folding in the edges before sealing. For the wonton wrappers, fold the wrapper in half to form a triangle and them crimp the edges with a fork to seal them. Keep the nachos under a wet paper towel while you are filling the rest.
Fry the nachos in the hot oil and cook for 5-6 minutes for the egg roll wrappers, and 2-3 minutes for the wontons. Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate and season with the crushed Doritos. Layer the nachos in a cast-iron pan and cover with the Cheddar cheese. Bake under a broiler until the cheese melts, remove, and garnish with sour cream, Sriracha, and leftover fillings.
* Click here to see the Ultimate Mac and Cheese recipe.
** Click here to see the Game Day Chili recipe.
Watch these nachos get stuffed on Midnight Munchies with the Brothers Green from HUNGRY.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts