Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad Recipe
Daily Value: 10%
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||206µg||51%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||7g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Sweet strawberries pair wonderfully with the sharpness of the Cheddar and get a lovely kick from the chives to make a light and refreshing spring salad.
- One 16-ounce box strawberries, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch chives, thinly cut
- 2 heads baby green lettuce
- 6-8 whole basil leaves
- 1 Meyer lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 ounces Kerrygold Vintage or other sharp Cheddar, shaved into thin pieces with a mandoline
Combine the strawberries, chives, lettuce, and basil in a large serving bowl. Separately, juice the lemon into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking to combine. Season again as needed.
Pour the dressing over the greens and toss gently to combine. Add shavings of the cheese to the salad and serve.
Recipe DetailsServings: 4
Total time: 20 minutes
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).