- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- One 16-ounce box strawberries, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch chives, thinly cut
- 2 heads baby green lettuce
- 6-8 whole basil leaves
- 1 Meyer lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Ounces Kerrygold Vintage or other sharp Cheddar, shaved into thin pieces with a mandoline
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
- Avocado Tabbouleh Appetizer
Sweet strawberries pair wonderfully with the sharpness of the Cheddar and get a lovely kick from the chives to make a light and refreshing spring salad.
Combine the strawberries, chives, lettuce, and basil in a large serving bowl. Separately, juice the lemon into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking to combine. Season again as needed.
Pour the dressing over the greens and toss gently to combine. Add shavings of the cheese to the salad and serve.