Stone Street Oktoberfest: For All Your Sudsy Teutonic Needs
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Want to kick off Oktoberfest in a fairly epic way? Head to New York City's Financial District and check out the Stone Street Oktoberfest this Saturday, Oct. 6, for a night of music, food, and beer, hosted by the Ulysses Folk House.
Irish singer-songwriter Colin Smith and his eponymous band are slated to perform, with 1,500 revelers expected to crowd the 350-year-old cobblestone streets for a day (and night) of rock 'n' roll. While you’re jamming out, party the night away while snacking on traditional German biergarten foods like bratwurst and warm pretzels with mustard. Potato pancakes and apple blintzes with raspberry sauce will also be on offer.
Of course, no Oktoberfest bash would be complete without beer, and Stone Street’s celebration is no exception. Guests can expect to celebrate in true German style with Munich revelers’ beer of choice — Radeberger’s Altenmünster Oktoberfest beer — on tap to lend an air of authenticity.
Still not convinced you should make an appearance? I say go for the beer, but stay for the “oompah music.”
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts