- Moldy Cheese Day
Stephanie Izard to Open Fast-Food Chicken Joint
Recipe of the day
- Paul Prudhomme, Beloved New Orleans Celebrity Chef, Has Died at 75
- James Beard Foundation’s Taste America Climbs to the Top of the Space Needle in Seattle
- Chef José Andrés: Donald Trump Is a ‘Clever Maniac’
- 10 Reasons Why You Need to Follow Australian Chef Adam Liaw on Social Media
- Andrew Zimmern Falls in Love with Grandma’s Cooking in This ‘Bizarre Foods’ Clip
Stephanie Izard may forever be linked to a goat (given, you know, her restaurant Girl & The Goat), but it looks like she's working with a different animal for her next restaurant.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the former Top Chef contestant is working on a fast-food chicken concept in River North for next spring.
The menu will reportedly contain five chicken dishes and a few side dishes, in a tiny 2,000-square-foot space. Carryout will be her main focus, she said.
"My boyfriend and I were eating in a chicken place in the mall by Nordstrom. I'm always nervous about where my chicken comes from, and I thought how awesome it would be to have a place where you knew all the chickens came from local farms," Izard told the Tribune.
She's currently talking to local farmers to discuss how much chicken she will need for the first restaurant, although expansion is possible in other cities with other local farmers. No word on what type of chicken it will be, but since it's National Fried Chicken Day, here's to hoping for some Izard-approved fried wings.
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts