Stephanie Izard to Open Fast-Food Chicken Joint
Recipe of the day
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
- Anthony Bourdain’s International Street Food Hall in New York City Expected to Open Later This Year
- Michelin-Starred Indian Chef Vikas Khanna Reportedly Approached for Hollywood Biopic
Stephanie Izard may forever be linked to a goat (given, you know, her restaurant Girl & The Goat), but it looks like she's working with a different animal for her next restaurant.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the former Top Chef contestant is working on a fast-food chicken concept in River North for next spring.
The menu will reportedly contain five chicken dishes and a few side dishes, in a tiny 2,000-square-foot space. Carryout will be her main focus, she said.
"My boyfriend and I were eating in a chicken place in the mall by Nordstrom. I'm always nervous about where my chicken comes from, and I thought how awesome it would be to have a place where you knew all the chickens came from local farms," Izard told the Tribune.
She's currently talking to local farmers to discuss how much chicken she will need for the first restaurant, although expansion is possible in other cities with other local farmers. No word on what type of chicken it will be, but since it's National Fried Chicken Day, here's to hoping for some Izard-approved fried wings.
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts