Steak with Chipotle-Lime Chimichurri Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 beef flat iron steaks or top sirloin steaks (1 pound each)
A simple steak recipe that's topped with a tangy and spicy chimichurri sauce. Try serving this at your next outdoor BBQ or for an easy weeknight meal.
For the chimichurri, place the parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic, and chipotle peppers in a food processor; cover and pulse until minced. Add ½ cup oil, vinegar, lime juice, oregano, lime peel, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper; cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Drizzle steaks with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees, medium, 160 degrees, well-done, 170 degrees). Thinly slice across the grain; serve with chimichurri.