- First Thanksgiving Day Decreed (1789)
Starbucks Testing Sodas in Atlanta, Austin
Recipe of the day
- Hillary Clinton Does Not Like to Drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- 5 Global Ways to Enjoy Iced Coffee
- 10 Fall Drinks to Order at Your Favorite Coffee Chains
- UFC Fighter Ronda Rousey Used to Fight Strangers So She Could Buy Starbucks Frappuccinos
- Mom Responds to Women Who Made Fun of Her at Tim Hortons by Paying It Forward
Looks like the rumors were true: Starbucks is pushing forward with its new hand-crafted sodas, testing the new drinks out in stores in Atlanta and Austin.
The Wall Street Journal reports that the new drinks — root beer, ginger ale, and lemon-lime soda — are retailing for $2.45 for a tall, $2.95 for a grande and $3.45 for a venti in Atlanta. (Prices vary by regional markets.) It's the latest move for Starbucks to expand its reach beyond coffee. A Starbucks spokeswoman said to the Wall Street Journal that the company is interested in "understanding how this new product extension fits within our customers' daily routine throughout the day," and that it's too soon to tell whether the drinks are a success in its two markets so far. Will you be trying Starbucks' newest drinks, Austin and Atlanta residents?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts