- Eid al Fitr(Ramadan ends)
Starbucks Testing Sodas in Atlanta, Austin
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks Responds to Guy Who Was Banned From Starbucks for Life
- Starbucks Has Its Best Quarter Ever: Profits Have Jumped 22 Percent
- Ride with Lyft and Receive Starbucks Rewards Stars
- Teavana Recalls Tristan Glass Pitchers Due to Reports of Lacerations and Minor Burns
- Are Tea Sommeliers the Next Big Thing?
Looks like the rumors were true: Starbucks is pushing forward with its new hand-crafted sodas, testing the new drinks out in stores in Atlanta and Austin.
The Wall Street Journal reports that the new drinks — root beer, ginger ale, and lemon-lime soda — are retailing for $2.45 for a tall, $2.95 for a grande and $3.45 for a venti in Atlanta. (Prices vary by regional markets.) It's the latest move for Starbucks to expand its reach beyond coffee. A Starbucks spokeswoman said to the Wall Street Journal that the company is interested in "understanding how this new product extension fits within our customers' daily routine throughout the day," and that it's too soon to tell whether the drinks are a success in its two markets so far. Will you be trying Starbucks' newest drinks, Austin and Atlanta residents?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts