- Sylvester (Crackers) Graham born (1794)
Starbucks Opens in Funeral Home
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- A Perfected Kombucha Beer, the ‘Healthy Alcohol’ Will Soon Hit the Mass Market
- Brooklyn Artist Sues Starbucks for Alleged Copyright Infringement
- La Colombe Creates First-Ever Latte on Tap
- Starbucks Has Lined Up 6 New Frappuccino Flavors, Including Cotton Candy and Cupcake
- Starbucks Has Taken the Classic Cappuccino Off the Menu at Many Locations
They say nothing perks you up like a hot cup of coffee, and Robinson Funeral Home in Easley, S.C., is taking that to heart. The fourth-generation funeral home plans to offer their guests Starbucks cappuccinos and lattes to ease the pain of losing a loved one, for a price.
The funeral home will house a Starbucks bar, offering the official menu of the coffee giant starting this August. Although Starbucks baristas will not work the counter, official Starbucks-trained funeral home staff will serve up Frappuccinos and caramel macchiatos alike, according to TIME.
Signage for the coffee shop will not appear outside of the funeral home (due to an agreement with Starbucks), but the service is not restricted to just mourners. Residents and coffee lovers can stop in to grab their double-doubles, red-eyes, or even their iced, half-calf, double venti, sugar-free vanilla, soy, extra caramel, light-iced, caramel macchiattos.
And while this may be the first of its kind in South Carolina, it won’t be the first funeral-home operated Starbucks. Turrentine Morrow Jackson Funeral Home in Mckinney, Texas, opened their own Starbucks last year. Maybe there is something to a $5 latte that quells a broken heart.
Sean Flynn is a Junior Writer for The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @BuffaloFlynn
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts