- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Starbucks Coffee Controversy in Disney
Recipe of the day
- Watching Your Weight? Avoid These Drinks at Starbucks
- 10 Coffee Cocktails That Will Perk You Right Up
- Be Your Own Barista: The Secret to Making Quality Craft Coffee
- Starbucks Is Celebrating 1 Last Hurrah for Summer with 2 New Frappuccino Flavors
- Washington Redskins Coach Joe Barry Drinks 10 Cups of Coffee a Day
Magic Kingdom just got a new jolt of energy, but not from sugar filled kids or smiling Disney characters. In fact, it’s from a caffeine buzz from the new Starbucks on Main Street U.S.A.
Of course, like all shops on Main Street U.S.A. in Magic Kingdom, Disney World’s most popular park, it maintains the old-fashioned American charm. Dedicated long-time Starbucks customers also may be pleasantly surprised by the retro twin-tailed siren logo of Starbucks on the front sign. Traditional Main Street uniforms are also worn by the coffee baristas.
Other big-name corporations like McDonalds (selling fries in some areas), and Pepsi are already leaving a mark on the parks. Concerns with the new Starbucks include the possibility that the coffee joint's bakery case could replace the iconic Main Street Bakery.
The new Starbucks is a brewed awakening to some people, shown through the backlash via comments on articles and YouTube videos. “I don't think Walt would like this. This was supposed to remind him of his hometown. What were they thinking?” comments an angry viewer.
On the other hand, however, parents might need that reliable cup of Starbucks to get through those long Disney lines.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts