Spinach with Pine Nuts and Raisins
- 1/3 Cup pine nuts
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 s cloves garlic, grated or crushed
- 1 Cup raisins
- 2 Pounds fresh baby spinach*
- Salt, to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Gluten-Free Vegan Stuffed Potatoes
- Mediterranean Mac and Cheese
- Savory Carrot-Coconut Granita with Cucumber Topping
- Raw Artichoke, Cured Olive, and Sun-Dried Tomato Salad
- Heirloom Tomato and Avocado Wheat Berry Salad
- Authentic Spanish Gazpacho
- Savory Pumpkin Tart
- Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- Apple-Chestnut Cornbread Stuffing
Here's a healthy, delicious, and vegan side dish that's perfect for Thanksgiving or any other time of year. Pine nuts are a great way to add a nutty richness to leafy green vegetable dishes, and raisins add a little sweetness without a whole lot of sugar.
See all spinach recipes.
In a large skillet, sauté the pine nuts in the olive oil over medium heat until they start to brown, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the garlic, and cook for about 1 minute. Add the raisins and let them cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
In the same skillet, sauté the spinach over medium heat until it starts to wilt. Season with salt, to taste. Add the reserved pine nuts and raisins and lemon zest, and cook until all of the liquid from the spinach has evaporated.
*Note: You can substitute frozen spinach for fresh, making sure to squeeze most of the water out before cooking.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts