Spinach and Ricotta Farro Pasta Salad Recipe
Daily Value: 27%
|Folic Acid (B9)||62µg||15%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||9g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||2g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
I can't lie — when I set out to make this recipe, I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing or how it would turn out. And I'll tell you this, it came out spectacularly. Granted, this is a simple dish, but the nuttiness of the farro, cooled down, paired wonderfully with ribbons of spinach and the creaminess of the cheese. Lemon zest added a pleasant tang and brightness. If you like, you could easily add in some avocado as well...
- 1 pound farro pasta, cooked and cooled
- 2 cups spinach, stems removed and cut into thin ribbons
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh ricotta, to taste
Place the farro in a large serving bowl. Add the spinach, scallions, tomatoes, and then dress with the lemon juice, zest, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, tossing to combine and re-seasoning as needed. Top with ricotta cheese, roughly 3/4 tablespoon per serving and enjoy!
Recipe DetailsServings: 4
Special Designations: Vegetarian, Healthy
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).