- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Spicy Sesame Hummus
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 Tablespoon sesame chile oil
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 Cup tahini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut vegetables or pita bread, for serving
A Middle Eastern dip with an Asian flair that’s perfect to bring to potlucks. The hot chile oil adds a subtle spice and lemon juice brings a citrus tang to this zesty hummus.
This recipe comes to us from Lindsay of Cook. Vegan. Lover.
See all hummus recipes.
Place the chickpeas, sesame chile oil, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and tahini together in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Add ¼-1/3 cup of the reserved chickpea liquid until the hummus has reached the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve with cut up veggies or pita bread.