- We're independent! Let's cook out!
Spicy Chicken Coconut Curry
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons cumin
- 1/8 Teaspoon cayenne
- 2 1/4 Teaspoons ground coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- Greek yogurt, for serving
- Pita bread, warmed, for serving
While the flavors of curry are often complex, its preparation doesn't have to be. Here's a chicken curry that's simple enough to put together on a weeknight, and many of the ingredients may already be in the pantry. Do give it a try, and feel free to cut back on the heat by using fewer jalapeños.
In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown. Stir in the onions and cook until lightly browned.
Stir in the jalapeños, garlic, cilantro, and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the turmeric, cumin, cayenne, and coriander. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Reduce the heat to low and add the coconut milk. Cook until the liquid has thickened. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and pita bread.