- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
So Eddie Huang Is Now a TED Fellow
Recipe of the day
- Michael Fassbender to Star in Marco Pierre White Movie
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
So it looks like Eddie Huang is a TED fellow now? On the TED2013 fellowship page, "Edwyn 'Eddie' Huang" is listed underneath the TED2013 fellows, as the writer, host, and chef will be contributing to TED's upcoming "The Young. The Wise. The Undiscovered." conference in Long Beach, Calif.
The owner and chef of Baohaus has made waves recently for criticizing Marcus Samuelsson for gentrifying Harlem, plus his new VICE show Fresh Off the Boat, and it looks like he'll be sharing his knowledge of the gritty food world in TED's famous 18-minute talks.
According to the website, TED2013 will feature "a four-day stage program featuring TED's famous 18-minute talks, plus music, comedy, dance, short talks, video, and other surprises," plus the fellow talks where "you'll hear about projects and visions of the next generation of world-changers," including Huang, who is one of 21 fellows. No word on whether he'll be cooking up some beef noodle soup and buns, yet.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts