- Simone "Simca" Beck born (1904)
So Eddie Huang Is Now a TED Fellow
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- D.C. Residents Calling on Chef José Andrés to ‘Dump Trump’
- Burt Shavitz, Roadside Honey-Seller and Face of Burt’s Bees, Dies at 80 Years Old
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Wolfgang Puck
- 6 Surprising Food Facts About America’s Founding Fathers
- Chef Josh Berry on UNION, His New Portland, Maine, Eatery
So it looks like Eddie Huang is a TED fellow now? On the TED2013 fellowship page, "Edwyn 'Eddie' Huang" is listed underneath the TED2013 fellows, as the writer, host, and chef will be contributing to TED's upcoming "The Young. The Wise. The Undiscovered." conference in Long Beach, Calif.
The owner and chef of Baohaus has made waves recently for criticizing Marcus Samuelsson for gentrifying Harlem, plus his new VICE show Fresh Off the Boat, and it looks like he'll be sharing his knowledge of the gritty food world in TED's famous 18-minute talks.
According to the website, TED2013 will feature "a four-day stage program featuring TED's famous 18-minute talks, plus music, comedy, dance, short talks, video, and other surprises," plus the fellow talks where "you'll hear about projects and visions of the next generation of world-changers," including Huang, who is one of 21 fellows. No word on whether he'll be cooking up some beef noodle soup and buns, yet.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts