So Eddie Huang Is Now a TED Fellow
Recipe of the day
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
- Anthony Bourdain’s International Street Food Hall in New York City Expected to Open Later This Year
- Michelin-Starred Indian Chef Vikas Khanna Reportedly Approached for Hollywood Biopic
So it looks like Eddie Huang is a TED fellow now? On the TED2013 fellowship page, "Edwyn 'Eddie' Huang" is listed underneath the TED2013 fellows, as the writer, host, and chef will be contributing to TED's upcoming "The Young. The Wise. The Undiscovered." conference in Long Beach, Calif.
The owner and chef of Baohaus has made waves recently for criticizing Marcus Samuelsson for gentrifying Harlem, plus his new VICE show Fresh Off the Boat, and it looks like he'll be sharing his knowledge of the gritty food world in TED's famous 18-minute talks.
According to the website, TED2013 will feature "a four-day stage program featuring TED's famous 18-minute talks, plus music, comedy, dance, short talks, video, and other surprises," plus the fellow talks where "you'll hear about projects and visions of the next generation of world-changers," including Huang, who is one of 21 fellows. No word on whether he'll be cooking up some beef noodle soup and buns, yet.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts