So Eddie Huang Is Now a TED Fellow
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Ina Garten
- Chef Alex Harrell Dishes on His Newly Opened New Orleans Hotspot, Angeline
- EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke Brings Best of Atlanta to the James Beard House
- Taffer’s Take: Jon Taffer on How to Keep Your Bar Hot and Contemporary
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
So it looks like Eddie Huang is a TED fellow now? On the TED2013 fellowship page, "Edwyn 'Eddie' Huang" is listed underneath the TED2013 fellows, as the writer, host, and chef will be contributing to TED's upcoming "The Young. The Wise. The Undiscovered." conference in Long Beach, Calif.
The owner and chef of Baohaus has made waves recently for criticizing Marcus Samuelsson for gentrifying Harlem, plus his new VICE show Fresh Off the Boat, and it looks like he'll be sharing his knowledge of the gritty food world in TED's famous 18-minute talks.
According to the website, TED2013 will feature "a four-day stage program featuring TED's famous 18-minute talks, plus music, comedy, dance, short talks, video, and other surprises," plus the fellow talks where "you'll hear about projects and visions of the next generation of world-changers," including Huang, who is one of 21 fellows. No word on whether he'll be cooking up some beef noodle soup and buns, yet.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts