Snackshot of the Day: Texas Chili and Cornbread
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
The Daily Meal's editors, contributors, and readers dig into some pretty great restaurants, festivals, and meals. There's not always enough time to give a full review of a restaurant or describe in depth why a place, its food, and the people who prepare it are noteworthy, so Snackshot of the Day does what photographs do best, rely on the image to do most of the talking. [slideshow:
Today's Snackshot is of a recipe from a member of The Daily Meal's Culinary Content Network, Sage Recipes. Emily Jacobs says of chili, "The real deal Texas chili apparently does not have beans — I just learned this last week from watching [Top Chef]... I’m not sure if this recipe is exactly how Texans would make their chili, but I thought it was a pretty good first try — for a California girl!" You can find the recipe for her chili and cornbread here.
Read more about The Daily Meal's Snackshot feature. To submit a photo, email jbruce[at]thedailymeal.com, subject: "Snackshots."
Follow The Daily Meal's photo editor Jane Bruce on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts