- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Snackshot of the Day: Boiling Lobster
Recipe of the day
- If You Thought Anthony Bourdain’s Pancake Bar for his Daughter was Adorable, Here’s All You Need to Make Your Own
- Grilling: The Basics
- The Definitive Guide to Making Fries at Home
- Master This 1 Kitchen Trick and You'll Have the World Eating Out of the Palm of Your Hand
- DIY Krispy Kreme Doughnuts? Yes, Please
The Daily Meal's editors, contributors, and readers dig into some pretty great restaurants, festivals, and meals. There's not always enough time to give a full review of a restaurant or describe in depth why a place, its food, and the people who prepare it are noteworthy, so Snackshot of the Day does what photographs do best, rely on the image to do most of the talking.
Today's Snackshot was taken at The Water Club in New York City while talking with head chef Aaron Bashy about how to cook lobster. Common practice when cooking lobster at home is to drop it in boiling water while the lobster is still living. But in this video, Bashy explains that the best way to cook lobster is to score it first, thus killing it before dropping it into the water.
Read more about The Daily Meal's Snackshot feature. To submit a photo, email jbruce[at]thedailymeal.com, subject: "Snackshots."
Follow The Daily Meal's photo editor Jane Bruce on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts