- Sylvester (Crackers) Graham born (1794)
Smucker's Introduces Maple-Bacon Flavored Syrup
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Skittles
- Things You Didn't Know About Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- Going Beyond Meat: How One Company’s Meatless Meat Appeals to Carnivores
- What Is Cheetos Cheese Dust? And 8 Other Junk Food Mysteries Solved
- Ben & Jerry’s Renames Cookie Dough Ice Cream ‘I Dough, I Dough’ to Celebrate Marriage Equality Decision
When Smucker’s adapts a flavor into their condiment repertoire, you can be pretty sure it’s surpassed the realm of "trend" and become a universally loved classic.
So it was only a matter of time before this became a reality: maple-bacon flavored syrup.
Bacon (and its sidekick maple) has been a trendy flavor pairing for a while now, showing up in ice cream, donuts, lollipops, lattes, and beyond. A Culinary Visions Panel survey recently confirmed that salty-sweet flavors are consumers’ clear favorites — not that we needed proof.
This new salty-sweet syrup is magical, in more ways than one: Smucker’s, a purveyor of all things sugary and wholesome, managed to pack this "unique combination of two popular breakfast flavors" into one little portion-controlled cup — without including any real bacon, or any real maple syrup.
Instead, you’ll be drizzling your pancakes with 120 calories worth of bacon-flavored high-fructose corn syrup and 24 grams of sugar. But we bet it tastes awesome.
Smucker’s new syrup is just the latest in a seemingly endless stream of bacon-centric foods and products. Check out The Daily Meal’s list of the most ridiculous bacon products here, or get inspired to create your own bacon-based creation with 15 Mind-Blowing Bacon Dishes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts