Skinnygirl Tops List of Fastest-Growing Spirit Brands
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
It's not the most revolutionary concept out there: Low-calorie, ready-to-serve cocktails for diet-conscious imbibers. But as it is often said, sometimes the simplest ideas are the best ideas.
Surely reality star and healthy-lifestyle entrepreneur Bethenny Frankel would agree — according to a new report, her company, Skinnygirl Cocktails, is ranked as the fastest-growing spirits brand in the country.
The data, released by Technomic's Adult Beverage Resource Group, found that the brand (which was acquired by Beam Global in 2011), grew an impressive 388 percent from 2010 to 2011. And given the rate at which the product line appears to be expanding, it doesn't seem like the brand is showing any signs of slowing down. Soon to join the original Skinnygirl Margarita, and the newer Sangria and White Cranberry Cosmo, will be a collection of wines, a piña colada, and a line of naturally flavored vodkas.
Also making the list is Familia Camarena Tequila, a brand of 100 percent blue agave tequilas, and Malibu rum's line of ready-to-drink cocktails. Curious about the other fastest-growing spirit brands on the market? Click here for the full report.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts