Sirtaj Hotel Set to Open in Beverly Hills
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- NYC Wine & Food Fest Returns with Midnight Jazz Breakfast, the Art of Sushi, and More
- The Winners of the 2015 Memphis in May World BBQ Cooking Contest
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
Boutique hotel SIRTAJ Beverly Hills is set to open in mid-February in Beverly Hills, Calif. The 32-room boutique hotel designed in hues of citron, persimmon, and taupe will feature a yet-to-be-named restaurant and P.S. Beverly Hills, a bar.
Guests are served a welcome cocktail upon arrival and served complimentary breakfast each morning in their room or in the restaurant. Rooms are accented with miniature Indian paintings from the 16th and 17th centuries and equipped with Lavazza espresso and coffee makers.
The restaurant will feature a farmers’ market-driven menu and indoor and outdoor seating for 50. The bar will feature a globally inspired menu by executive chef Wes Lieberher of Beer Belly in Los Angeles and organic cocktails, craft beers, and wines.
The hotel’s name, SIRTAJ, is a variation of the Indian word sartaj meaning "highest crown," and symbolic of the owners’ (father-and-son duo and local restaurateurs Navraj and RJ Singh) aim to provide the ideals of atithi seva, a concept of Indian hospitality in which the hosting of a guest is an honor.
Lauren Mack is the Special Projects Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts