Singer Sues McDonald's After Finding Glass in Chicken Sandwich
Recipe of the day
- Americans Are Obsessed with Pop-Up Restaurants, Study Confirms
- An Ex-CFO Is Now on Food Stamps After Chick-fil-A Rant Video Went Viral
- The 15 Biggest Failed Restaurant Chains
- McDonald’s Finally Announces Plans to Test All-Day Breakfast, Beginning in April
- José Andrés Opens a Fast-Casual Restaurant on a Lucky College Campus
A gospel singer is reportedly suing McDonald's after she claims she ate a piece of glass in a chicken sandwich in 2010, the New York Post reports.
Jacquelin Simpson, 52, filed suit in the Brooklyn Supreme Court, saying she has since lost the ability to sing soprano since the incident three years ago. "Now when I sing, I have a hoarse, rattly voice," Simpson told the New York Post. "I still sing alto, but I can’t sing soprano like I used to."
Furthermore, Simpson claims the damage to her voice has also led to gender confusion over the phone. "I have to make a lot of calls for work, and I have to tell people that I’m not a man," Simpson said. "Before, that never happened."
Of course, this isn't the first time terrible things have been discovered in fast food; past incidents have included customers allegedly finding used condoms, feathers, and a mouse in their fast-food meals. We're not eating anything, ever again.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts