Shrimp and Vermicelli Hotpot Recipe
- 6 ounces mung bean vermicelli noodles, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes, rinsed under cold water, and drained
- 4 dried Chinese black (shiitake) mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, drained, stems discarded, and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- ½ pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
To cook this dish you need a clay pot or a heavy-bottomed pan. The original clay pots were glazed on the inside only and used for slow cooking, braising, and stewing.
Place the ingredients, one by one in the above order, in layers in a clay pot or heavy bottomed pan.
Cover and place over medium heat for 5 minutes. Check that the shrimp are cooked, then remove from the heat and serve, garnished with cilantro sprigs.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts