- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Shiitake Mushroom Stir-Fry
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Cup clove garlic, diced
- 2 Cups shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1/2 Cup bean sprouts
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sriracha, to taste
- 1 Cup brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- Dash of sesame seeds
- 2 lime wedges
This stir-fry recipe is simple and delicious. It's perfect for a quiet night at home, and lunch the next day!
See all recipes for mushrooms.
Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until starting to brown, about 1 minute. Add the shiitake mushrooms and stir until well coated with oil. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mix in the zucchini and cook until the zucchini is cooked through, for 4 more minutes. Add the bean sprouts, most of the basil (reserve some for garnish), and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well until the basil is wilted. Stir in the desired amount of sriracha.
Serve over brown rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and basil. Squeeze lime juice over the dish, and eat up!