- Labor Day
Shake Shack Launching $9 Mast Brothers Chocolate Bar
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Reese’s Have Teamed Up for the Perfect Peanut Butter Doughnut
Oh excellent; as Shake Shack continues to take over as the gourmet fast-food burger joint of the East Coast, they're also getting into the sweets business.
Danny Meyer's burger joint announced Friday that they'll be launching a dark chocolate bar specifically created for them by Brooklyn-favorite Mast Brothers chocolate. The dark chocolate is said to have "complex, earthy notes of cranberry and cinnamon," and Daily Meal staffers have described it as "intense," hinting toward bitter with a slight fruity note. The bar is 73 percent cacao, with beans sourced from farm cooperatives in Peru, Madagascar, and the Dominican Republic.
According to the website, the bar is a dark chocolate bar, created for Shake Shack specifically. And obviously, since Mast Brothers chocolates are well-known for their printed wrappers, the wrapping paper is also custom-designed, a heavyweight paper with an illustration of the original Shake Shack in Madison Square Park.
Gothamist reports that the chocolate bar is retailing for $9 at all Shake Shack locations. The chocolate was originally developed exclusively for Shake Shack a year ago to mix into the chain's concretes; this is the first time the chocolate will be offered as an actual bar, a representative tells The Daily Meal.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts